From The Food and Cooking of Spain, Africa and the Middle East. These are nice with dishes with creamy sauces. Posted for ZWT III.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 potato, grated
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat half the olive oil in a large frying pan and stir-fry the rice, with the potato, scallions and garlic, over high heat for 3 minutes till golden.
- Tip the rice and vegetable mixture into a bowl and stir in the parsley and eggs with the paprika and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and drop in large spoonfuls of the rice mixture, leaving room for spreading.
- Cook the tortitas for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Drain the tortitas on paper towels and keep hot while cooking the rest.
- Serve hot. Can be served as a scoop for soft veggie mixtures or dips/sauces.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION