Rena Imes' Southern Living Shrimp Scampi
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup dry white wine (I prefer Pompein white cooking wine)
- 2 lbs unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact; devein if desired.
- Cook linguine according to package, keep warm.
- Cook garlic in butter and white wine in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly (4 minutes or until garlic begins to brown).
- Add shrimp and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Add salt and pepper and spoon mixture over linguine.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!