Broiled Shrimp Scampi
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, shell on
- Do not shell the shrimp, but to Cut shrimp in half lengthwise through the shell, leaving them attached at the tail.
- In a non-reactive suacepan, combine the butter, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
- cook on low just until butter is melted Stir in shrimp to coat and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and arrange them in a shallow, oval casserole dish or I use the bottom of a broiler pan.
- they should have the tails sticking up.
- they will be floppy but will firm as they cook.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp.
- Put your pan under a hot broiler and cook until the shrimp are done (not very long).
- Arrange cooked shrimp in bowls and pour sauce over from your pan.
- Sprinkle with additional parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
5* for a 5* recipe! What an impressive dish to serve. I loved the fresh lemon, a must for shrimp as far as I'm concerned. I used the 16/20 wild shrimp, and they were big and beautiful. The simple ingredients were wonderful, especiall the kick of the red pepper flakes. A recipe all shrimp lovers will love. Made this for Jeffie's cook-a-thon, hoping that that he is better soon.Reply
Made this for Jeffie's cook-a-thon. We loved these shrimp! I had some pretty large ones and they were devine. I couldn't get them to "stand up" with their tails pointing up -- they sort of just laid on their side. So I broiled them for a couple minutes and then flipped them over. I hope you are feeling better, Jeff!!!Reply
see 7 more