Bird's Easy Shrimp Scampi
This is a very simple and versatile recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (for garnish) (optional)
- Dry shrimp on a layer of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Place shrimp in a bowl and toss with paprika. Set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a large saute pan over med-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add wine, salt and pepper and reduce by half. Add shrimp and cook on one side about 2-3 minutes to sear. Do not shake the pan at this point and it's important not to overcrowd the shrimp to sear and caramelize properly.
- After one side is seared, begin to shake the pan and toss shrimp to continue cooking another minute or two. Sprinkle with parsley (and also the optional seasoned bread crumbs if using) and saute'/toss one more minute. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I followed the directions down to the minute and this was the absolute best shrimp I've ever made. As far as ingredients, I added a tiny amount of powdered cayenne pepper to the pan as I sauteed the garlic. The white wine I had on hand was Pear wine. It was a little sweeter than I thought I should use, but there was a little left in the bottle and I didn't want to open a new one! PS I'd give it 10 stars if I could! PReply
see 36 more