Redstone Restaurant Famous Cornbread With Maple Butter
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 7 ounces creamed corn (1/2 can)
- 2 ounces diced green chilies, drained well (1/2 can)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 lb butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together all ingredients in the order given.
- Pour into greased 8" or 9" iron skillet.
- Bake 35 minutes. Insert toothpick- if it comes out clean the corn bread is done. If not, continue baking & check every 5 minutes with a toothpick.
- Serve warm with Maple Butter.
- Allow butter to soften to room temperature.
- In mixer, (use a paddle attachment if available) whip butter & Salt until creamy.
- Slowly drizzle syrup into mixture until well blended.
Join The Conversation
Made this for the first time tonight with some corn chowder and baked in my cast iron skillet (a first for me). I omitted the chilies and only added 1/2 cup sugar and it was moist and delicious. I neither tasted the cheese or the creamed corn, but the family devoured this cornbread! I made the maple butter and it was delicious too!
Wonder can I make cornbread croutons with this fabulous cornbread? has anyone tried that yet? Make the cornbread a day in advance, cut the bread into cubes, mix with 8 tbsp butter, 4 tbsp of olive oi1, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp freshly ground pepper. Bake the cubes on a parchment paper lined sheet pan for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Would doing this disturb the integrity of this cornbread? Advice is welcomed.
Delicious! I didn’t have chilis but really wanted to make some cornbread and this recipe did not disappoint. I also didn’t have a cast iron skillet so I baked it in an 8” square glass baking dish and it came out perfectly after baking for 35 minutes, as directed. I’ll definitely make this again and again - and next time use the chilis. Thank you!
This is a delicious recipe that really makes you feel that you are eating at Redstone. Crunchy exterior, tender crumb and deliciously buttery through and through. Yummy-yummy! Suggestion: Use the entire 4 oz. can of diced green chilies...it adds to the great flavor and makes the crumb perfectly and deliciously moist.