Red Snapper With Herbs
This fish is good served with rice pilaf and green vegetables. Other small firm fish such as sole also works well in this recipe. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 1981)
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb red snapper fillet, cut on the diagonal to about 4 1/2 inches by 2 inches (about 2-3 fillets)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- Brush 4 ovenproof plates with olive oil and then sprinkle with kosher salt and white pepper.
- Divide fish among the four plates, skin side up in the center of the plates.
- Brush fish with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Press wax paper over fish.
- Chop herbs in a processor and then pour in three tablespoons olive oil through food tube while the machine is running.
- Transfer to small bowl or dish and stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Bake fish for 4 minutes.
- Remove plates from oven, discard wax papper.
- Let plates stand for 30 seconds and then spoon 2 tablespoons herb mixture along each piece of fish.
- Serve with rice pilaf and green vegetables.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION