Ratner's Vegetable Cutlets
- Ready In:
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 2/3 pound)
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced carrots, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peas, drained
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups matzoh meal (approximately)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes, or until tender. Mash.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat butter and sauté onions and mushrooms until tender.
- Pour mushroom mixture into a bowl with mashed potatoes. Stir in carrots, green beans, peas and 2 eggs. Blend thoroughly. Add enough matzoh meal so that mixture can shaped into large patties. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Shape into 12 to 15 patties. Beat the remaining eggs well. Brush patties on both sides, coating thoroughly. Place on a well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until lightly golden browned. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!