MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Use your favorite pie crust recipe for this one or a store bought one works just fine.
- Ready In:
- 2 pie crusts, uncooked
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless raisins
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- Combine brown sugar, flour and salt in saucepan. Add raisin and boiling water and bring to a boil. Simmer until raisins are plump and mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Let cool completely.
- Pour cooled mixture into bottom pie crust. Moisten edge and add top crust, seal and flute edges. Cut small slits into top crust.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION