A recipe for your bread machine. Great for breakfast and any time of the day. Especially good toasted with peanut butter! :)
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 3⁄4 cup water (1 1/4 cups for large loaf)
- 2 cups white bread flour (3 cups for large loaf)
- 1 tablespoon dry milk (2 tbsp. for large loaf)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (1 1/2 tbsp. for large loaf)
- 1 teaspoon salt (1 1/2 tsp. for large loaf)
- 1 tablespoon butter (2 tbsp. for large loaf)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (1 tsp. for large loaf)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (1 cup for large loaf)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast (3 tsp. for large loaf)
- Place ingredients in machine in the order given.
- Operate machine according to manual instructions.
- Note: To keep raisins whole in the bread, add them after the 1st beep, or kneading cycle.
- If using rapid bake cycle, add raisins with other ingredients.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have not made raisin bread in my bread machine yet and this recipe made wonderful bread. Added the raisins after the first kneading and than a bit later heard the bell ding so no raisins showing in my bread. The flavor of the raisins was good and the cinnamon was just right. Crusty, crunchy top and wonderful texture, a bit of a heavier bread. Another 5 stars Lorie, thank you for posting!
I followed the recipe for the smaller loaf except for subbing 1 c whole wheat flour for 1 c of the bread flour. I also added 1/2 c walnuts b/c I like 'em! :D It smelled lovely rising and baking and turned out to have a great texture and crunchy crust. Flavor was excellent! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'll definitely make this again!