Quinoa Stuffing With Leeks, Walnuts and Cherries
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or 2 cups vegetable broth, fat-free, less-sodium
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups leeks, thinly sliced (about 3/4 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions, using broth instead of water. When it is done cooking and all broth has been absorbed, fluff with fork.
- Meanwhile, spray a skillet with cooking spray and then add the butter.
- Melt butter over medium high heat. Once melted, add leeks, celery, pepper, and sage.
- Saute until leeks and celery are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Combine veggie mixture and quinoa. Stir in cherries and walnuts.
- Heat through just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!