MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Baked stuffing side dish for turkey dinner
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 loaves gluten-free bread, cubed
- 2 lbs gluten-free sausage meat
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2 cups gluten-free chicken stock (or vegetable stock or use home-made)
- Cube bread and spread out on baking trays. Toast in oven until toasted (20 minutes @ 325').
- Brown sausage meat. Drain fat. Move sausage to a large mixing bowl.
- Add onions to pan with some butter. Saute onions 2-3 minutes. Add celery. When soft, move onions and celery to mixing bowl.
- Add mushrooms to pan with some butter. Saute mushrooms until cooked. If too much liquid forms in the pan, pour liquid into mixing bowl with other ingredients. When mushrooms are done, pour into mixing bowl.
- Add poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to mixing bowl. Stir.
- Add bread cubes. Stir until well combined.
- Place mixture into a large oven-proof bowl or casserole dish.
- Slowly pour stock over the stuffing making sure all areas are covered.
- Bake at 325' for 2 hours.
- Check after 1 hour and add more stock if the mixture seems too dry.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION