Quinoa & Raw Vegetable Salad
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
1 4 cups
- 1 cup quinoa (must rinse! or it will be bitter also I toast mine for a nutty flavor!)
- 3 cups vegetables or 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (for color) (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup beet (fresh washed and peeled) (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper (multicolor looks great!)
- 1⁄2 cup radish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (fresh diced extra fine)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, flat leaf
- salt and pepper
- Dice fine all vegetables, I cut into "matchsticks" and dice in uniform.
- Toast rinsed grain with onion, then add stock with turmeric, 15 minutes or till liquid is absorbed.
- now make the dressing, oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, parsley salt & pepper.
- toss well with quinoa and vegetables
- Let sit over night if possible, or a few hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Cleveland Ohio and love food. I grew up in New Orleans and my recipes have a zesty flair. I also work alot with Italian and french foods. I love seafood and am working on my seafood recipes. If I run across anything great I will post it! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">