Quick Italian Pasta Salad
photo by Meekocu2
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) box barilla tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (16 fluid ounce) bottle kraft zesty fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium bell pepper (any color will do)
- 3 medium roma tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium red onion (purple)
- 1 small zucchini or 1 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- diced cheese (optional)
- diced pepperoni (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to drain well.
- Cut cucumber, bell pepper, and onion into bite sized pieces. Place into the bowl you will be using for the salad.
- Cut tomatoes in half and and in half again and deseed. Cut into bite sized pieces. Add to the bowl.
- Cut stem and bottom off zucchini. Shred zucchini and add to the other vegetables.
- Make sure the pasta is very well drained, and add to the bowl.
- Pour salad dressing over pasta and vegetables. Use as little or as much as you like. I think it needs quite a bit since the pasta will soak some up.
- Add the italian seasoning.
- Mix well and chill at least 4 to 6 hours or over night for best flavors. Stirring occasionally.
- To serve top with diced cheese and pepperoni if using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!