Quick & Easy Cajun Creamed Spinach
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (italian blend or other)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- salt & pepper
- Saute' chopped onion & minced garlic in butter until soft.
- Add fresh spinach (cut in thick strips) and defrosted or microwaved frozen spinach until wilted.
- Melt in the cream cheese, sour cream, and other cheeses. As your sauce develops and thickens, add your seasoning. If you are using feta cheese, throw it in at the very end.
- Do not overcook-part of the charm of this dish is the fresh taste of the baby spinach-don't kill it!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking when I have the time! Soups are my favorite meals to prepare & to eat; baking & decorating are my true passion.