Quick Chicken Tortilla Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Quick, easy and tasty.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced avocado
- sliced black olives
- Open the cans of corn, chicken broth, black beans, and salsa.
- Pour everything into a large saucepan or stock pot.
- Add chicken and rice and simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips per serving bowl, top with soup.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese, avocado, black olives, and/or cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a fantastic, easy to put together & tasty soup! (tasty according to my husband, who I made this for!). I left out the rice &I used Kirkland organic salsa (from Costco; no extra spices are needed because it's so yummy!). My husband blended it to make it smooth, which made it taste like a restaurant soup he had in California. I do think it's a BIT too much broth, but besides that it's perfect. It smells wonderful, too. He put crushed tortilla chips on top, with low fat mexican cheese. He's taking some to work tomorrow, and there's still another helping in the fridge! Thanks for sharing this great recipe; great comfort food, too. IReply
Delicious! We loved this quick, easy, and spicy soup. I doubled the recipe and used spicy salsa for some extra zing. I chopped some precooked, packaged chicken breast strips in southwest flavor and used those in place of the chicken breasts. Also, I added some sliced green onion and chopped cilantro to the soup while it simmered. My only complaint was that it didn't have much juice after the instant rice soaked most of it up. Next time, I will add another can of broth or some tomato/V8 juice. I served this topped with sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, 4-cheese Mexican blend, and crushed tortilla chips. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. Congratulations on winning the football pool.Reply
GREAT quick recipe, much heartier than some chicken tortilla soups as well. I did add a few cloves of garlic while cooking the chicken, and then threw in a can of Rotel and topped my own bowl with some fresh chopped onions. Other than that I followed the directions as given and came out with something that tasted like I put alot more time into than I actually did. Thank you very much for a great recipe. Highly recommended.Reply
see 2 more