Pumpkin Tomato Basil Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 small pumpkin
- 7 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 -10 carrots, peeled, sliced, diced
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large pot, put Chicken Stock, pumpkin and carrot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Put butter in a frying pan and sautee onions and mushrooms until browned.
- Add tomatoes and continue to fry for 5 minutes.
- Puree all ingredients in a blender. Place pureed soup into the soup pot.
- Add spices, sugar and cream at this time.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh croutons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again