Pumpkin Soup with Honey and Cloves
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery and onion; sauté until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, 6 cups stock and cloves.
- Cover and simmer until pumpkin is very tender, about 25 minutes, then discard cloves.
- Purée soup in batches in blender.
- Return to Dutch oven.
- Stir in cream and honey and bring to simmer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Swirl a little cream decoratively into each bowl of soup for an elegant presentation.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 28 years old and work as a lawyer for a national organization. I live with my husband David in the beautiful city of Ottawa.