Pumpkin Pie Biscotti
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl; stir well.
- In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla, stirring well with a wire whisk.
- Slowly add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (Mixture will be very crumbly; it will gradually become moistened after stirring.).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add macadamia nuts.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until nuts are browned; remove from heat and cool completely.
- Knead or gently stir cooled nuts into the dough.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 portions.
- Lightly flour hands and shape each portion into a 1x15" log.
- Place logs 3" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 23 minutes; cool for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300*F. Cut each log diagonally into 1/2" slices using a serrated knife.
- Place slices on ungreased cookie sheets; bake for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just made these with the following modifications: 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice 3/4 cup Libby canned pumpkin 1/2 cup Nestle Semi-Sweet Choc Chips Egg wash I found it best to get in there with your hands and work the dough. The egg wash gives the log a nice shine and the chocolate chips add a needed sweetness. We enjoyed them and I will keep playing with the recipe until I find that perfect mix for our taste buds :-) We're off to a great start..thanks for the recipe!!
I was very disappointed after making this. I love biscotti and normally like pumpkin, but not in this case. My husband tried it when I was not home, took one bite and left the rest of the piece on top of the cookie jar. Was he warning me he thought something was horribly wrong with it? After laughing, I unfortunately had to throw the entire batch away. Perhaps a sweeter ingredient (like the given suggestion of chocolate or toffee) would have helped the flavor.