Pumpkin-Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
A great fall cookie recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg, pumpkin and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and then stir these dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture.
- Add the pecans and the chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets and bake in a 350 deg.
- oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool and serve.
- Makes 4 dozen.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I originally thought to try this one for a local American Cancer Society bake sale...I followed the recipe as written, but I didn't really like the result...I didn't flatten the portions of cookie dough before baking (the recipe didn't say to), but perhaps I should have...I ended up with cookie blobs that were quite soft and very cakey in texture, although they tasted fine...I tried dusting them with confectioner's sugar to make them look more appealing for the bake sale, but they didn't sell...As a result I ended up donating them to the residents at the nursing home I work at, for their coffee hour, as they certainly were soft enough for them to chew...I'm so very sorry, but this recipe won't be making it into my 'keeper' file :-(Reply