Pumpkin Bread With Salted Caramel Glaze
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
For the bread
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup light muscovado sugar
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup milk, I used skim
For the glaze
- 1⁄3 cup salted caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices into a medium sized bowl and stir until combined. Leave to one side.
- Place the sugars, oil and eggs into a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer and mix on medium speed until smooth and well combined.
- Add in the pumpkin and flour mix and mix on medium speed until smooth and combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in the milk and mix on low until combined.
- Transfer to your greased pan and place in the oven for 65-75 minutes, until risen, golden and an inserted skewer into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the pan completely, then transfer to a plate or container in order to add the glaze.
- To make the glaze: place both ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Drizzle half the glaze over the bread, wait for it to set a little and absorb into the bread and then drizzle the remaining glaze over the bread.
- Pumpkin bread will keep in an airtight container, at room temperature, for 4-5 days. Bread tastes better on the 2nd day!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!