- Ready In:
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Cut butter into small pieces and rub through the flour. If you have hot hands, dip them in cold water before you do this, so the butter doesn't melt.
- With a knife "cut" the egg and milk/water through the flour mix until and dough forms.
- Turn onto a floured workbench and gently push dough together. You don't want to over work the dough or they will be tough.
- Flatten out with you hand to about 2cm and either cut with a glass or biscuit cutter.
- Heat fry pan and add enough oil to be about 1/2cm deep.
- Over medium heat add the puffdaloons and fry on boths sides until nicely browned.
- Best eaten with soup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!