Provencal Braised Chicken
I found this recipe at finerkitchens.com Originally from "Classic Home Cooking" by Mary Berry and Marlene Speiler. I used skinless chicken breasts, the original recipe used a whole cut up chicken.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 6 parsley sprigs
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken generously with salt, cayenne and herbs de Provence.
- Place in an oven safe skillet, interspersed with garlic, red pepper and carrot.
- Tuck in the parsly sprigs and pour on stock to almost cover chicken.
- Cover the skillet and braise in the oven until chicken is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, reduce the vinegar in another saucepan to 2 Tablespoons.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Place the skillet on the stove and simmer until vegetables are very soft.
- Remove the parsly and puree the skillet's contents in a blender. ( I used an immersion blender).
- Return sauce to skillet.
- Add the reduced vinegar and tomato paste to the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the pan to reheat gently.
- Serve on a platter with chopped parsly, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION