Practically Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the 2 sugars with a portable mixer, gradually add the butter. Mixing first at low speed then at high speed until it's pale, light, and very fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, then the eggs gradually until mix looks creamed in not curdled.
- Gradually add the flour, baking soda, and salt. First mixing at low speed building up to high speed.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix briefly.
- Drop by Tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until the cookies are pale, golden brown.(approx 9 min).
- Remove and let them cool on a rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Possibly the best chocolate chip cookie ever. My dh was over the moon. He was so pleased. He ate most of the cookies himself, I had to make another batch to give in our cookie baskets. Thank you so much for making me look like a star. These tasty cookies are perfect, crisp, tender, with melting chocolate, could there be anything better :)
I have used this recipe a million times & I still think it's the best chocolate chip cookie recipe there is. It is the exact same recipe as the original Toll House Cookie recipe. That's why they taste so good. Thanks for posting, this will make it more handy for me when I need my chocolate chip cookie fix.