photo by Potagekempcc
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 3 lbs pork blade steaks (Deboned & 1-inch diced)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic (Chopped)
- 2 serrano peppers (Seeded & Chopped)
- 2 cups red onions (Chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (Chopped)
- 1 cup celery (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons fresh oregano (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can Corona beer (Room Temperature)
- 1 (28 ounce) can red chili sauce (Las Palmas, Mild)
- 2 cups Clamato juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can mexican-style hominy (Drained)
- 2 cups homemade chicken stock
- 2 cups cilantro (Chopped, Split)
- 6 cups green cabbage (Shreded)
- 6 cups red radishes (Sliced Thin)
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven add bay leaves, pork and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add pork bones, garlic and sauté 1-minute.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, 1-tablespoon sea salt, 1-tablespoon black pepper and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano and stir well.
- Add beer, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 5-minutes.
- Add red chili sauce, Clamato juice, hominy and chicken stock. Bring soup to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 2 hours.
- 30 minutes before soup is finished add cilantro. Season with fine sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Remove the pork bones, bay leaves and discard.
- Serve in warm soup bowls.
- Garnish with cabbage and radishes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!