I have no idea why it is called this, but my Mom made this all through my childhood. I remember it as one of my favorite meals growing up. It is very simple to make!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb hamburger meat, browned,crumbled,and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can manwich sloppy joe sandwich sauce (or equivalent)
- Fritos corn chips (or any kind of corn chips, I prefer chili cheese Fritos, but any corn chips will work)
- shredded cheese (I use a mexican blend)
- diced tomato
- chopped onion
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- jalapeno (etc.)
- Brown, crumble, and drain hamburger meat in a large skillet.
- In the same skillet, combine the cooked meat, beans, and sloppy joe sauce.
- Simmer until heated through, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- To serve, put a layer of corn chips (I use chili cheese Fritos) on the bottom of a plate.
- Top with the meat mixture, then top with the toppings of your choice.
- I normally put out shredded mexi blend cheese,diced tomatoes, chopped onions, sour cream, shredded lettuce, and sliced jalapenos, but use your imagination!
- Prep time includes chopping veggies and browning the hamburger meat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was not a hit with us. The meat mixture is much too sweet, due to the sloppy joe sauce. It loses the "taco" taste I was looking for. We like sloppy joes and we like tacos, but apparently not together. I'm giving this three stars, though, because I'm pretty sure this would be a hit with kids.Reply
see 14 more