Poulet De Provence
I made this using my Herbs de Provence that I got while visiting FT in France. (Woohoo!) It got a big thumbs up from the kids, too. Fast, easy, yummy & low fat.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta
- 3 fresh tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil.
- Add onion & saute 2 minutes.
- Add garlic & saute another 2 minutes.
- Add cubed chicken breast & saute 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt & Herbes de Provence; stir.
- Add asparagus & saute until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- To finish, add chunks of tomatoes & a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss chicken mixture with drained pasta & serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a very nice dish that we all enjoyed. It was refreshing to have all those lovely fresh vegetables in this dish, too. I followed the recipe as written, except I used regular shell pasta (not whole wheat). And this was delicious. The herbes de Provence was a wonderful touch. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Elmotoo. Made for ZWT8 France.1Reply
I made this using the Herbs de Provence that French Tart sent me in the last spice swap. This is a really fresh tasting dish. The recipe was reduced to 4 servings and I did use 2 chicken breasts for additional protein. Roma tomatoes with seeds removed were used to complete the dish. Made for *Aussie Swap*1Reply
WOW and uper WOW. The boys LOVED this and so did I as it tastes like a million and yet is made on a budget and a love of herbs. I could eat this almost everyday but I think the family might tire of it. Just purchased some wonderful aspaagas and wow did it soak up the flavors. I offered pasta and orzo as the base so the boys could choose their weapons. This is even better on day 2 and I got the leftovers! :-) Made for AUZ/NZ Swap 391Reply
see 9 more