Poulet Au Fromage Boursin (Chicken W/ Boursin Cheese)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (5 1/4 ounce) wheels boursin cheese (Garlic & Fine Herbs Boursin cheese is what you should use but it wasn't a recognized ingredient)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup veal demi-glace
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Warm oil in a 9" saute pan over High heat.
- When oil is hot, reduce heat to Medium-High and add chicken. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (about 12 minutes), turning occasionally to keep from burning. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Wipe the pan clean of oil.
- Add shallots and cook over Medium-High heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine to deglaze pan, stirring with a spoon to scrape the bottom of pan, and cook until liquid is reduced by two-thirds.
- Add heavy cream, demi-glace, cheese, red peppers, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese is incorporated and sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Serve chicken topped with Boursin sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was superb. Wish I could give it more stars. I did make some changes: I halved the recipe (only 2 of us), used 1/2 & 1/2 for the cream and chicken stock for the veal demi-glace. Don't cook with veal, so wouldn't have glace on hand. Not sure you'd notice it that much. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game. :)