- Ready In:
- 1 cup meat, cooked (cooked ham, tongue, beef, poultry or game)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted (more as needed)
- Process meat to a paste (if using ham, use a quarter part of fat), removing any gristle or skin.
- Season with spices and moisten with a little melted butter.
- Pack closely in jars; place jars in steamer and heat for 1/2 hour.
- Press the meat down again and cover with hot melted butter.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- **Ham and tongue may be mixed with veal or chicken. Beef, game and fish are better alone.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!