Potato Salad With Apples
- Ready In:
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 apple
- 1 cup canned peas or 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cut up the potatoes and boil them. When they've got about five minutes left, stick the eggs in the pot as well. They should be hard-boiled.
- Mix the mustard with the mayo and set it aside.
- When the potatoes and eggs are done, mash five of the potatoes and add the mayo mixture. Cut the other three potatoes into small pieces and add as well. Remove boiled eggs from shells and cut into slices. Add to salad.
- Chop the celery and apple into bite-sized pieces and add, with peas, to salad. Stir it all together, sprinkle paprika on top, and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Although I pretty much followed the recipe, I'm sure there were some things I did or didn't do that changed this salad a bit from what was intended! I didn't peel the potatoes when I diced them right at the start! I didn't peel the Ambrosia apple that I used, & I did opt for the frozen peas (so much better tasting than the canned kind)! I also used a Dijon honey mustard for the mustard! That said, the salad had a great taste & we thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it was something quite a bit different from the usual potato salads I've made! Definitely worth making again, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a university student, I just recently moved back in with my parents and am cooking the evening meal every night. I love trying new recipes and I especially love to bake. I am a vegetarian but I cook meat for the family and my boyfriend, and my favourite cookbooks are the Company's Coming series. I also love the Hershey chocolate cookbook for baking. Yum!