photo by KristaPowell
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 lbs gold potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3 leaves sage
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, grease a baking dish with some butter and set aside.
- 2) Place half of your potato slices evenly in your buttered baking dish and set aside.
- 3) In a saucepan, add the butter and let it melt over medium heat, add the flour and stir together for about 1 minute.
- 4) Add the milk, cream, thyme, sage and garlic, bring to a simmer and cook until thickened. Season with some salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove the garlic and herbs once the sauce is done.
- 5) Pour half of the cream sauce over the potatoes, repeat with the last layer of potatoes and cream, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- 6) Remove foil, scatter the cheese all over the top and finish baking the potatoes for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!