Pork Tamale Casserole
photo by Katie Y
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked pork shoulder, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 dried chipotle powder, cube
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a large skillet.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine all topping ingredients, and mix well. Mixture will be slightly lumpy.
- Pour filling into a large casserole dish. Smooth with the back of a spoon. Cover with topping mixture, again smoothing with spoon.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!