Pork Steak and Sauerkraut
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pork shoulder chop
- 1 cup crispy sauerkraut, in cello bag (Rinse if desired)
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- Remove excess fat from the pork steak.
- Preheat skillet.
- Add oil and spread evenly in skillet.
- Brown pork steak on both sides-- do not coat with flour.
- Add the sauerkraut to the pork steak and spread evenly over the top of it.
- Sprinkle the caraway seeds over sauerkraut.
- Pour the beer over the pork steak and 'kraut.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid, lower heat and simmer until pork steak is tender and done.(about 30 minutes).
- The juice in the skillet might be a little cloudy in color but it is still good.
- Put on a dinner plate and enjoy!
Join The Conversation