- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 1 cup shrimp, minced
- 2 cups water chestnuts, minced
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup carrot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups white mushrooms, minced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, raw
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- water, for steaming
- Combine ground pork, shrimp, water chestnuts, sesame oil, black pepper, onion, carrot, mushrooms, scallions, salt, and egg.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Wrap the mixed ingredients using the won ton wrapper. (watch the video for easy procedure).
- Using a steamer, steam the wrapped siomai (shaomai) for 15 to 25 minutes. The time depends on the size of each individual piece (larger size means more time steaming).
- Serve hot with Kikkoman soy sauce and calamansi or lemon dip.
- Share and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!