Pork Milanese With Creamy Caper Sauce
photo by KPD123
- Ready In:
- 6 boneless pork chops, thin-cut with fat trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, italian style
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Creamy Caper Sauce
- 2⁄3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, add 2 eggs and beat until conmbined. In a third bowl, combine breadcrumbs with garlic powder and cayenne.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- One pork chop at a time, dredge in flour, then in eggs, then in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large skillet over MEDIUM heat for 5 minutes. Add oil. When oil is hot, add pork chops to the skillet. Cook pork over medium heat 4-5 minutes per side. Do not touch until 4-5 minutes is up! Set a timer!
- For the caper sauce: Combine mascarpone and mayo. Mix in heavy cream. Add remaining ingredients. That's it, a no cook sauce! I top sauce with a few whole capers and a parsley sprig!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!