- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup heinz reduced sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add ground beef and mix by hand just until blended.
- Place mixture on a broiler pan, and shape into a loaf.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour.
- Mix topping ingredients together.
- Top meatloaf with topping and bake an additional 15 minutes or until loaf cooked through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious! This was so easy to throw together. I was about 1/4 lb short on ground beef so I made up for it with some pureed black beans. Also, without thinking about it I baked it in a loaf pan rather than on a broiler pan. It worked out fine, I just poured off the fat once it came out of the oven. Very good - thanks!
Definitely a very good meatloaf, easily assembled and held together very nicely when baking, for a dense but moist loaf. The sauce poured over towards the end was delicious, and the grated cheese in the loaf is an interesting variation. This is a definite keeper, tho it won't 'keep' for long, I'm pretty sure DD1 will have polished off today, the little that was left last night :D