- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hawaiian sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 piece ginger, crushed
- 1 red chili pepper, crushed (optional)
- Cut beef into strips 1 1/2 inches wide. Combine all other ingredients and soak beef in the sauce overnight. If you have a drying box, place the meat in the sun for two days, bringing it in at night. If drying in the oven, set oven to 175-degrees.
- Place meat on a rack such as a cake cooling rack.
- Place rack on a cookie sheet and dry meat in oven seven hours.
- Keep in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!