Pinto Bean Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 30 ounces canned pinto beans
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes, canned, drained
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- Saute beef and onion together, drain well.
- Combine beef, onion,beans, tomatoes, corn, cheese, and cream of chicken.
- Stir well and then place into a large baking dish.
- Mix milk and corn meal together (make sure batter isn't too thin) and spread on top of ingredients.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 or minutes until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!