Pineapple Chicken Supreme
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Brown chicken in oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan; remove excess fat and set aside.
- In a small pot; mix sugar, cornstarch and chili powder.
- Stir in pineapple juice and Chili sauce.
- Over medium heat cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring from time to time.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add pineapple.
- Place chicken in a 2 quart casserole or roasting pan.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OK, I screwed up on this one. I cut the recipe in half but I definitely put in W-A-A-Y too much chili sauce. It was very, very hot (used chili garlic sauce). We liked the flavor of the dish and the chicken was very moist, so next time I'll be more aware of how much chili sauce I put in. There will be a next time because we grow our own pineapples so I freeze the extra. I'm always looking for recipes that use pineapple that I can use during the year and yours will be made again. Thanks for a keeper!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm Native American and live on a reserve. I love any thing that has to do with food from recipe collecting to grocery shopping. I'll try just about any food once. Right now I work in a sports store so when I'm not busy I'm always here on the Zaar.I have a lot of cookbooks that I've collected over the years but I don't use them much anymore because I'd rather do recipes here!