- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with pineapple, mixing well. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9X5X3 loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Really like the basic recipe and butter does make a difference but would prefer some more flavorings. Find that the grated rind of 1 orange seemed to give it that little bit of a lift and, also, the addition of chopped pecans. Thanks for a recipe I can build on because I had lost my pineapple bread recipe years ago.
I see that everyone else had great success with this recipe, but for me it did not turn out at all. It was very bland and the consistency was almost dough-like. Perhaps it is just a matter of personal taste, but I won't be making this one again. I read the other reviews and I definitely didn't find any delicate flavor or anything like that. I'd say the best part about it for me was that it wasn't too sweet, so good for those who don't like sweet desserts. I won't be making it again, however.