photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, do not drain
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced beets, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In saucepan, mix brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add pineapple and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Add beets, butter, and lemon juice.
- Cook on med for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm not necessarily a beet or pineapple fan but did a "test run" of this recipe as a potential menu item for Thanksgiving. The older folks in the family enjoy beets so I thought I'd try it and see what I thought. I was pleasantly surprised. This is an extremely easy recipe to make and it made the beets reasonably tasty. I used crushed pineapple. In the future, I'd increase the brown sugar since I like sweet flavors.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After DH and I moved away from the farm, and to the city...I haven't done as much cooking and very little canning. But I do come to Zaar and look for new recipes once in a while. I'm still cooking Zaar!! I like to play at Facebook, with my family and friends. A lot of my Zaar friends are there!! Yay! It's a good way to keep in touch. We travel more. We're looking at the European trips now. Hope to go in the springtime. I really want to see London, I think I lived there in a past life, I've been obsessed with it since I was 10 years old!!