Pigs In A Puff Pastry Blanket
These tasty appetizers are both kid- and adult-pleasers. Your choice of sausage and mustard will affect the final results, so be sure to check out the many options available and choose your favorite. These are great for football and holiday parties.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 lb puff pastry, defrosted if frozen
- 1 lb small sausage links, no more than 1/2-inch thick (cut into 1 1/2-inch to 2-inch lengths)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 T cold water to make an egg wash
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll out the puff pastry to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut the dough into small triangles 2 inches wide along one side.
- Brush the sausage pieces with the mustard.
- Place a sausage along one edge of the puff pastry and roll it around the sausage.
- Brush with some of the egg wash and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with all the sausages and puff pastry triangles.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Makes about 24 appetizers.