Cheesy-Mustard Pigs In A Blanket
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 4 hot dogs (cut in half crosswise(not lengthwise)
- 4 slices American cheese (cut in half)
- mustard, and (optional)
- relish (optional)
- Cut the hotdogs in half crosswise to make 8 pieces and then partially cut each one halfway lengthwise.
- Cut the cheese in half so that there are 8 pieces; fold each piece in half and tuck it into the partially cut hotdog.
- Unroll the crescent roll place a hotdog on each one and roll up.
- Bake at 350 to 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or so till nice and golden.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I'm a vegetarian so I cannot speak for my own taste buds, but I made these for my son's Toy Story Birthday party...I made an appetizer for each character and these corresponded with Slinky Dog...and they were eaten very quickly by all guests so based on that and the ease of making them, I will give them 5 stars.
I made this on 6/23/09 for mine and SO's dinner , and I'm sorry that it wasn't rated until now. This was made as written except for the cheese, a blend of colby, chedder, and monterey jack slices were used. Since I was baking another recipe at 350 degrees, I just used that time for this recipe and baked then for about 15 minutes and it worked out just fine. My Mom did something like this, but she used the small canned biscuits. Thanks for the bringing back the memories. " Keep Smiling :) "
Your other reviewers are serving these to their little ones - well this is a hit with my "big" boys who are ages 15 and 20. These are quick and easy and don't involve complicated, gourmet techniques so they work well for young people learning to cook. Best of all they have fun making them together - good bonding time for brothers. Between the two of them this recipe only serves two. Thanks for another family pleaser Mimi in Maine.