Picnic Cake (With Dates)
- Ready In:
- Combine the first 3 ingredients; let rest until cool.
- Cream margarine and sugar, adding eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture. Fold in cooled dates.
- Pour in a 9" x 13" baking pan. Mix TOPPING ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is an old family favorite! I never had the recipe myself, but took a chance it would be on this site - and - presto! - here it is! The guys, especially, in our family adore this cake - and for years I had no idea there were dates in it! Very mild flavor - but apparently they add to the moistness. I've never known anyone to not like this cake! (Good for picnics cause there's no goey frosting - easy to take anywhere!)