- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon softened butter
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Sift flour, cocoa, spices and baking powder together into a bowl.
- Beat butter with electric beaters until smooth and creamy. Add brown sugar and golden syrup and beat until well combined. Add egg and beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to a stiff dough. Turn out into a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Pinch off walnut sized pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- Arrange onto baking trays, leaving a little room between each for spreading. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
- To decorate, sift icing sugar into a small bowl. Add butter and milk and stir until spreadable. transfer to a piping bag or a snap-lock bag. Snip the corner and drizzle across biscuits.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!