Peter Paul Mounds Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The infamous candy bar disguised as a cake. UPDATE 3/15/13: The frosting came out soupy and the coconut texture was off. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS RECIPE. IT'S NOT WORTH WASTING THE INGREDIENTS.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled (3 ounces)
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) frozen coconut
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares (2 ounces)
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degees. Grease and flour three 9" cake pans. (Or see recipe #452719.).
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl until very light and fluffy (this could take 5-7 minutes). Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition and scraping sides of bowl. Blend in vanilla and chocolate.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add 1/4 of dry ingredients to creamed mixture then approximately 1/4 of buttermilk alternating remaining ingredients just until mixed. Pour batter into prepared cake pans; batter will be thick.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes until pick in center comes otu clean. Cool. (Mine took 27 minutes.).
- For the filling: In a saucepan cook milk, sugar and marshmallows until melted. Add coconut; spread between layers.
- For the Chocolate Topping: Melt together the butter, chocolate and marshmallows. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to spread. Spread over cake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION