Persian Cookies (Nane Shirini)
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 235.
- In a large bowl, sift or mix with a fork, 2 cups of flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream thoroughly 1 cup of shortening and 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Blend in 2 egg yolks, vanilla extract, almond extract, and lemon extract. Mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until dough is well blended.
- Roll dough into round balls with hands, using about 1 level teaspoon of dough for each ball.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly with a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!