photo by fuehnee0783
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 12mins
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 12 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 eggs
- 5 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- combine brown sugar, molasses, and spices in 1 1/2 quart saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, them remove from heat.
- Place butter in large mixing bowl, add hot sugar mixture and stir until butter melts. Blend in eggs.
- Stir 2 cups flour and baking soda together, Graduallly mix into the butter mixture. Mix in enough additional flour to make dough stiff. shape dough into ball. wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Cut dough into quarters. Shape one quarter at a time into balls (refrigerate other dough). Use rounded teaspoonfull of dough for each ball. Place on ungreased cooki sheets. Bake in preheated 350 degree over until light brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good, had first at Big Cedar as well. My only critique would be: ROLL THEM THIN AND USE COOKIE CUTTERS! I tried them both ways, and rolling them into balls made them cakey, dense, and just not fun to eat, while rolling them thin makes them crisp and perfect. I also used a stencil and dusted powdered sugar on top after baking to give them a decorative design. To the website, I would have uploaded a photo, but Facebook is outdated and useless and I will not use it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
There are a lot of things I love about life, my family, my faith in God, my church family, my friends. I also enjoy so many hobbies. Working as a nurse means I work 3, 12 hour shifts a week and have 4 days off! Which gives me a lot of time to do the things I love like cooking, scrapbooking, photography and just recently herb/flower gardening! My family includes my adorable and amazing husband and my 13 year old step-son (who proves to be a challange to this new mom but we love him soo!!!) The newest love of my life is the beautiful little husky sitting on my lap in this picture. She is 5 months old and an absolute joy to our life! I also just started a new cooking blog called 'Make it homemade.' I believe we can all save a lot of money, if we use our skills to make frequently store-bought items at home in our own kitchens! Besides, homemade just taste better! Check out the link below! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">