Pepperoni Chicken Bake
photo by Miss Vee
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 half cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices thick provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, the garlic powder, the seasoning salt and one half of the pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the tomatoes, minced garlic, diced onion, one teaspoon of Italian seasoning, the oregano and the other half teaspoon of pepper in an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and then season each side with spice mixture. Add them to the baking dish and press them down slightly. Cover each piece with four pepperoni slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked top each breast with a slice of cheese and then turn the broiler on high. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is starting to brown and is bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!