photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract (or few drops peppermint oil)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- green food coloring
- red food coloring
- sifted powdered sugar
- green decorating icing (optional)
- red decorating icing (optional)
- white decorating icing (optional)
- melted chocolate (to garnish) (optional)
- Beat cream cheese, butter, corn syrup and extract in large mixing bowl at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
- Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar; mix well.
- Divide mixture into thirds. Knead a few drops green food coloring into one third; repeat with red food coloring and the second third. Leave the last third white.
- Wrap each third in plastic wrap.
- Working with one color mixture at a time, shape into 3/4-inch balls.
- Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with bottom of glass that has been lightly dipped in confectioner's sugar.
- Repeat with remaining mixtures.
- Decorating with icing or melted chocolate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
There is something wrong with this recipe. First of all powdered sugar does not stick to the bottom of the glass. Second, it comes out like frosting and it cannot be rolled up into a ball. I am chilling mine before flattening because no matter what I use to flatten the mixture, the mixture sticks to the bottom of the glass, spoon, waxed paper, whatever. Complete disaster.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.