Pecan Pie Cookie Salad
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Make your pecan pie bars, let cool, and chop 3/4 pound worth into little bit-sized squares.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream at moderate speed until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Add the sugar, vanilla bean paste, almond extract and salt and beat until stiff peaks form, about 1 more minute.
- Gently fold the yogurt into the whipped cream until no streaks remain.
- Reserve one-fourth of the pecan pie bars and persimmons and then gently fold the remaining cookies and berries into the yogurt-whipped cream.
- Fill a trifle bowl, or individual glass serving vessels, with yogurt-whipped cream mix. And then top with remaining bars and fruit.
How to roast persimmons:
- Cut persimmons into horizontal slices, about 1/4-inch slice, then into quarters. Place on a foil-lined tray and place in pre-heated 400-degree oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon or 5-spice if you want.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!